Carrigtwohill Primary Care Centre
Amplitude Acoustics carried out a full HTM 08 -01 design review this included:
- • Attended noise survey to assess existing façade with regard to noise break in
- • Break in noise assessment including determination of façade build up to comply with internal ambient noise criteria
- • Specification of sound insulation requirements of partitions.
- • Specification of Ceiling mounted absorption
- • Assessment and specification of noise from mechanical and electrical services
- • Assessment of indoor ambient noise levels
- • Specification of speech intelligibility requirements
Key issues:Compliance with internal ambient noise levels within an existing building and achieving HTM-08-01 compliance with internal sound insulation requirements which were limited by the existing building envelope flanking walls
Project Description:Amplitude Acoustics where engaged to provide full acoustic design to achieve appropriate levels of sound isolation, good speech communication, internal noise levels and privacy to HTM08-01 requirements for acoustic comfort, patient and consultant privacy. The project consisted of he fit-out of an existing commercial premises in Carrigtwohill. The primary care centre includes HSE spaces and facilities for GP practice. The HSE facilities consisted of medical, admin, consulting, meeting rooms and staff spaces. The project was designed by Wejchert Architects and was Shortlisted for Isover Awards 2019 - Energy Efficient Building & Design.
Client:Action Health Enterprises